[THIN] Re: IE 4.0 Installed during base install - Emergency

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

Grab your most trustworthy sword, enter the registry,
and hack away at anything that has anything to do with
IE, reboot, then install your favorite flavor of IE
(you might backup the registry first too, for grins).
There may be some util out there that I don't know
about that'll remove IE4 for you, but its uninstaller
doesn't work and it's not upgradable either. And yes,
I have done this on many a server.

> How do you upgrade IE 4.0 on a NT 4.0 TSE machine?
> The IE was installed
> during the base install. I know this is a no, no.
> This server was built
> before I got here. I have tried testing this in the
> past, to see if all the
> rumours were true, and I know that you can't upgrade
> to IE 5.5 very easily
> once this has been done. So I never did it after
> that.

http://sbc.yahoo.com
This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130