[THIN] Re: ICA Keep Alive and Cisco routers...

  • From: "Eric Pylko" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 06:19:28 -0500

The idea with Cisco routers doing dial-up is that you create an =
access-list
(a list of patterns that matches specific traffic) to define your
"interesting" traffic.  When there is a match, your idle-time is reset =
to 0.

If the ICA keepalives are keeping your ISDN line up, the access-list =
needs
to have a deny statement for ICA Keepalives.  If you know what =
protocol/port
(e.g.  UDP port 38291) then creating the access-list is easy.  There =
must
already be one on the router if it is doing dial-on demand, so just a =
small
tweak should be needed.

-Eric

--
Eric Pylko                            eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CCIE #5827                                      (585) 747-2446