[THIN] ICA Client Update Error 1024 ARGGGGGGGG

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:17:23 -0800

I have some machines we call "locked down".

They only have nt4 and ica client.  That is all the local id can run.  Which
the machine autologs on with.

For some reason when I use autoupdate from one of our citrix servers I have
a problem.

Upgrade seems to go ok (this is using the latest 32 bit client) and I reboot
as requested.

Then when I try to run one of our published apps I get Cannot load the
citrix ICA client drivers (error 1024 Protocol driver name not found in
module.ini)

Can't for the life of me find what is wrong.

If I toast the appsrv.ini for the client it works.  Funny thing is that if I
put the old appsrv.ini back after it still works.

Found a few articles about potential problems/resolutions but nothing seems
related or works.

I hope someone can help because if not I will have to visit all our machines
and manually update.

Thanks

Doug Stratton,
TDA, Workplace Support,