[THIN] ICA Browsing Question

  • From: "William Hanson" <willhanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:36:05 -0500

Hello.

I'm setting up a couple of Citrix servers on a multi-subnet network with a Cisco 3550 doing layer three switching. We've got a mesh of different computer types: Windows 98/2000/XP. Many of the machines are used by multiple people.

When I log into a 98 machine for the first time and open the Citrix ICA Client, the farm is automatically found. However, with a XP machine, it does not automatically find the farm. I can view the farm in the Application Set wizard on the local area network setting.

The server is setup to create a browser lisener on the UDP network. It's also setup to respond to broadcasts (just in case).

The 3550 has the IP address of the master browser Citrix server as a ip helper-address and the switch is also setup to forward UDP 1604 traffic. All machines can ping 'ica' via DNS or WINS, which resolves to the master browser Citrix server.

The 98 clients are running the 7.x and 8.0 clients while the XP machines are running the 8.0 client.

Because we have users roam that around a lot, it'd be nice for the farm to automatically pop-up when a user opens program neighborhood. Any ideas why this works on 98 and not on the XP machines?

Thanks.

Will

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
Would you like to learn? -- Free for a limited time!
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320
********************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at: