[THIN] Re: I need a way to shorten the name displayed on mapped drives

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:56:13 -0800 (PST)

Try this... from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330193
To change the so that the drive letter comes first:
(A:) 3 1/2 Floppy

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

Type ShowDriveLettersFirst, and then press ENTER.

On the Edit menu, click Modify.

Type 4, and then click OK.

Key: ShowDriveLettersFirst
Type: DWORD
Value: 1,2, or 4
If the value is 1, the drive letter is displayed first for remote drives.
If the value is 2, drive letters are not displayed.
If the value is 4, the drive letter is displayed first for all drives.

JK