[THIN] Re: How widespread is the knowledge of this security l oop-hole?

  • From: Pedigo Michael-G17060 <Michael.Pedigo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:03:17 -0500

Frank,

Can you please elaborate on this information....if the ability to restrict is
already there...then great.....it just isn't documented well.  I could really
use this info.  It would be better if it was GUI based....a lot easier to
configure.  I don't mind modifying files...just need to know what to do.

The point of security risk is in a highly sensitive data instance....if
somebody is able to shadow a users session and gain control....and had an idea
of where to look, they could view data on another companies network....It is
amazing what some security groups can think up as scenarios...huh.   I do agree
with them that it would be better if this was mitigated....it would put a lot
of security people at ease and perhaps allow Citrix all the more penetration
into Data sensitive applications.

I appreciate everyone's input on this.

Sincerely,

Mike Pedigo