[THIN] Re: How to use 1 link to hit multiple nFuse servers?

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:37:52 -0800

Hi,

If all your users login in the morning at the same time I will suspect 2-3
servers for 5000 users is too little. Also note that round robin works well
when you have more servers.

Assuming your web servers are in good shape you can expect transaction rate
of about 0.1-0.05 sec per user (no better). For 1000 users on one server you
get 1000*.1 = 100 sec response if they hit button at the same time.

In other words every morning expect 1-2 minute response assuming your
servers are tuned.

ALEX