[THIN] Re: How to adjust specific User display settings....

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:09:35 -0500

Lee,

Sorry to hear that the override no longer works. I used that.

There are several ways to change HKCU settings...some easy, some not.
Regardless of what you choose, I would still change the Default Profile to
catch new users and those unfortunate souls whose profiles get corrupted
from time to time.

1. I don't believe this setting is available in an AD GPO but you can add
such things by creating a .ADM file.
2. Launch a login script that makes the change. This can be a .CMD script
that calls regedit or regini, etc. It could also be a KIX script that makes
the change. It could also be a VB script that makes the change.
2A. You can also vary how you launch the logon script. Depending on your AD
configuration, you could use a GPO to launch it. You could also add a line
to the usrlogon.cmd to launch it. You could also create a shortcut to the
script into the "All Users" startup folder.
3. Depending on how many profiles you must change, you can use regedit's
"load hive" to change them one by one manually while they are logged off.
4. You could probably also figure out each user's SID, find them under HKU
while they are logged in and change it manually in regedit.

Pick one you're comfortable with and good luck.

Raff