[THIN] How getting the CDROM drive letter of the client

  • From: Christophe MORVAN <christophe.morvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:48:00 +0100

Hi all

Our servers are NT4 TSE SP6/ MF XP SP1/FR1 .

I would like to give my users the possibility to access their local
CD-ROM drive in their ICA session. I'd like to write a VBScript tool
which automaticaly find the drive letter used localy for the CD-ROM on
the client computer.
The following command line  "CHANGE CLIENT /VIEW" gives the result, but
my users don't have enough permissions to execute the "change.exe"
command ........... On my NT4 TSE MF XP boxes, client drives are not
mapped automaticaly in the ICA user's session.

Is there a simple way (API, command, ...) to retrieve the client
computer's CdRom drive letter ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

--