[THIN] Re: How crazy would it be....

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:10:55 -0000

Using sid history doesn't mean a group / user in a new domain has the
same sid as one in a legacy domain.

It means the sid from the legacy domain is "tagged" onto the object in
AD. The new group / user, has a brand new sid in the new domain, though,
and a potential number of legacy SIDs tagged to the object, that can be
presented if required, to legacy domains.

Neil

This email and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group
Limited or its subsidiaries. Please note that email communications may be
monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group Limited is
100 Old Hall Street Liverpool L70 1AB registered number 5059352