[THIN] Re: Hiding icons on desktop / Explorer View

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:35:42 +1000

http://jamesscanlonitkb.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/add-desktop-shortcuts-like-my-computer-and-network-for-windows-2008-and-windows-2008-r2-and-in-remote-desktop/
 the title is misleading (really i shoudl just rename) - the reg key itself is
for `HIDING` deskop icons.. server wide...
 ill try and locate our libraries HACK also - but be aware this broke the users
ability to Windows + E (to open explorer) JamesFrom:
Stephen.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:06:27 +0000
Subject: [THIN] Hiding icons on desktop / Explorer View

Hello, Running Xen App 6.5 on Server 2008R2. I’m trying to hide icons that
appear by default on the desktop / explorer view.  Libraries - how can I remove
this ? I’ve tried a couple of reg hacks but cant seem to get this to work. My
main issue though is hiding the network icon in explorer, users can click on
this and view all the computers on our domain. I am trying to set up a Public
desktop so don’t want these users going anywhere near any other machines. After
searching around the Citrix forums I haven’t really got anywhere… Any help /
advise much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Steve