[THIN] Hiding TS Printers

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:59:23 +1200

This sounds like a dumb question (to me), but how do I keep a Terminal
Server's network printers from appearing in all users' list of printers?
These are printers that have been added by an administrator.  I modified the
permissions on various printers so that the only groups in the ACL were
administrators and the group that I want to be able to print to the printer.
When I logged on as a user that has no permissions on the printer, the
printer shows up in his list of printers. I thought though, that if a user
didn't have any permissions on a printer, that the printer wouldn't show up
in his list of printers. Am I wrong? If so, how do I keep users from seeing
printers they shouldn't print to. Note that this is pure Terminal Services -
no Citrix. Thanks.

JD

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.