[THIN] Re: Hiding Icons on a desktop

  • From: "Michael Boggan" <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:36:53 -0500

i thought about that.  But it publishes the content from one location only.  i
might have 30 desktop servers.

Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:27:04 -0400From: malapierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN]
Re: Hiding Icons on a desktopTo: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then publish them as content (only the .exe file) instead as a publish apps…
it’s gonna open locally on the server just like a shortcut!!!! And you will be
able to use the flexibility of the pnagent!!

Marc-André Lapierre, MALICIS Informatique Inc.
Consultant Senior / Senior Consultant
Tel: (514) 516-0040
malapierre@xxxxxxxxxxx

De : thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de
Michael BogganEnvoyé : 1 mai 2006 11:15À : thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx : [THIN] Re:
Hiding Icons on a desktop

Yes.  we use it for several applications that we publish through citrix but
these apps are not really publish friendly apps.  they run on the same server
that the desktop is published.

From: joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxxxx: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: Hiding Icons
on a desktopDate: Mon, 1 May 2006 08:09:58 -0700

Have you tried PNAgent?  It is a great way to control Desktop and Start Menu
Icons.

Joe

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael BogganSent: Monday, May 01, 2006 7:52 AMTo: thin listSubject: [THIN]
Hiding Icons on a desktop

We have a published desktop with several applications installed on that server.
 The icons for those applications are in the All Users / Desktop location. IS
there a way to turn on and off those icons depending on groups, within windows.
 We don't want to publish them, mainly because they are older "BAD" apps and
wouldn't work well published.  But we also don't want everyone to see them.  We
want to use AD groups to control who sees them and who does not.

Thanks,

Michael Boggan