[THIN] Re: Help a New Member... Connection Anomolies...

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:54:31 -0500

Load the RDP/Microsoft Terminal Services client now called "Remote Desktop
Connection".  If you are using Win XP as a client you already have it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdclientdl.asp

Try to connect to your W2K server with this client from a problem workstation.
In the Citrix Connection Config on your W2K server be sure RDP protocol is
installed AND enabled (it is by default).  If this doesn't work the problem
lies with Microsoft world not Citrix world.

On the W2K server under Administrative tools there should be an application
called Terminal Server Licensing. Check for 2 things here 1) Make sure you are
not out of licenses (don't assume that because you bought 15 there are 15 left
they are not licensed concurrently) 2) Try and find the license for a
workstation that has the problem. If it's a temporary license that expired this
is your issue. You will need to add TS CAL's if you are out.

Also a more thorough list of checks is available here:
http://www.knowledgecenter.citrix.com/

Search for CTX075552