[THIN] Group Policy to set How IE reacts to clicking on file link

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:57:08 -0700

Can someone point me to where I could find the GPO setting, ie setting
or registry setting to set how IE reacts when I click on a hyperlink to
a xls file (or links to an app that generates an a file).

Problem is I have a file that people click on and they want to be
prompted.  Not getting it.  Does prompt on another set of servers.  I
have no idea why on one and not on the other.

I have been told you can change the setting on the file association but
that seems a little odd that I would have to do that for 50 different
file types when I did not have to do it on the servers that it is
working.  SO I suspect there is a gpo set that controls this but I have
not found it yet.

thanks

Doug Stratton
Technology Engineering Services, ISM Canada
Together with Shared Services BC
Telephone: 250-704-1861
Fax: 250-704-1889
E-mail: <mailto:stratton@xxxxxxxxxx