[THIN] Re: Group Policy templates ( GPO ) for Internet Explorer 8 ( IE8 , IE 8)

  • From: Christoph Wegener <cwegener@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:37:24 +1100

Launching IE8 on XPSP2 with msn.com as the only page, I get a ~30MB working set size for iexplore.exe, which is very lean for a high end webbrowser IMO.

On Mar 24, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Steve Snyder wrote:

BTW, IE8 seems to be a big resource pig on my PC - 300MB phy+virt with just one tab open on a static content-poor page. yikes! Is that what everyone else is experiencing?

2009/3/24 Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
Yep - they're in the IEAK but only after you run the customization wizard.

thanks Jim.

2009/3/22 Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>

Steve asked where the GPO Templates are for IE8

I'm guessing that the inetres.adm gets updated when you install IE8 but could be wrong. I'll have to look on the machine I installed it on and see next week.

It is probably also available in the Internet Explorer 8 administration Toolkit at:
http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?familyid=0BE39082-E9C6-4F6B-A38E-CB4E284CF987&displaylang=en

I found the RC1 inetres.adm update here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=39a9b0cf-0ade-44c5-976b-58ddde86533c&displaylang=en&tm

Reference here