[THIN] Getting those pesky defaults to be right for Outlook in default profile

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:44:24 -0500

MFXP,   Office 2000.  I keep reading and reading and haven't found how to
get the silly default user profile to set right for Outlook.
If I could get a %username% to work in the name field, 98% of my profile
problems would poof vanish.  When I blow away a users
profile the one thing we always get is, "oooops we have to rerun the outlook
wizard".

Where is this information stored.  I can't find it in the default profile
(all users/ntuser.dat)  in clear text, (doesn't mean it's not there <g>).
I've looked at writing a PRF file and don't quite understand what or how it
gets integrated.

This has been solved I assume, but if someone could briefly restate what I
look at, I'd be thrilled.
(hey it's my birthday today,,,,make my day)

know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to
scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints &
how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more
servers. http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147