[THIN] Generating ICA client

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:58:38 -0800

Can someone fill me in on what is the difference between Upgrade older
Metaframe client version and overwrite existing metaframe client versions
with this version.  I get this choice when running the msi with /a.

It sounds obvious but I don't think I understand everything that it might be
implying.

Upgrade would be keep all the settings from the old install.

Overwrite would be replace all the settings with the new settings.

In the past overwrite never changed the users settings.

Also you can select both now.  What does that cause?

Thanks

Doug Stratton
Telephone: (250) 356-6678
Email: Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx