[THIN] GPOs being applied?

  • From: DMelczer@xxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:29:21 -0400

Really weird scenario here...we have two Win2k SP4 + Hotfixes servers
running MF XP FR2.  GPOs are being applied from the domain OU in a loopback
replace mode.

According to GPResult, the GPOs are applied successfully.  And, they seem to
be.  For example, cmd.exe is indeed restricted as it should be via policy.

However, there is no indication visually that the GPOs have been applied.
ie, I have it set to remove the shut down start menu option.  Unfortunately,
the shut down menu entry is still visible.  I restrict Control Panel applets
via policy, but all control panel applets are visible to the users...

Nothing on the machines is set to overwrite these policies, so I'm confused
as to what is going on here...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

-Dave Melczer
dmelczer@xxxxxxxx <mailto:dmelczer@xxxxxxxx>

Please be advised that this transmittal may be a confidential attorney-client
communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or re-transmit this
communication.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us by e-mail (postmaster@xxxxxxxx) or by telephone (call us collect at
212-403-4357) and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you in advance
for your cooperation and assistance.

www.wlrk.com