[THIN] Re: GPO on the Citrix farm/Home Directory GPO

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <rjameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:10:46 -0600

Joe - reason we are not currently using Citrix on the login box is
because it is already in use as a plain TS box for 30+ users and loaded
with 20+ accessible programs - thus cannot change the whole setup to
citrix desktop yet.

We only just added the citrix to publish some intensive accounting apps
from an APP server so as not to continue to bog down the main TS which
it was doing.   In trying to insure efficient roaming items, I was going
to look into if the home directory should also be done via the GPO and
routed to a network share.

We currently reroute the desktop/start menu to a network share for all
users as well as each users document folder.  Roaming profiles are also
located on a network share with local temp profiles enabled.  My
understanding is the home directory can be set to a share to prevent
that portion (app settings) from moving with the profile - hence my
question if this is good/bad indifferent.

Not using PNAgent - had problems with it running on the login TS so
reverted to PN only for each user and I copy the .ini files for each
users with the citrix info needed.  Crude but had to do this until after
tax season where we have more time to debug.