[THIN] Re: GPO Permissions

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 07:55:42 -0700

1. Set your screensaver to the logon one and set the time to 1 minute
2. In the System32 folder, rename logon.scr to logon.old
3. Copy MMC.exe to logon.scr
4. Wait 1 minute

  The MMC should pop up at 1 minute and be running under the SYSTEM account.
As long as you haven't removed the SYSTEM account's access to the GPO, you
should be able to edit it.
  If that doesn't work, let me know; I have one other idea.

JD

  _____