[THIN] Fwd: ANNOUNCEMENT - Provisioning Services 5.1 Service Pack 1 Releases to Web (RTW)

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:04:38 -0400

FYI
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pete Downing
Date: Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT - Provisioning Services 5.1 Service Pack 1 Releases to
Web (RTW)

 All,

I am pleased to announce Provisioning Services 5.1 Service Pack 1 has
officially been released to web (RTW)!

What does this mean?

ü  Existing PVS customers can download Provisioning Services 5.1 Service
Pack 1 today (as a Benefit of Subscription Advantage)

ü  Provisioning Services 5.1 Service Pack 1 is fully supported and the
proper channels should be taken to gain product support.

Please access the download as follows:

1.     Go to the following link:

https://www.citrix.com/lang/English/publicindex.asp?destURL=%2FEnglish%2Fmycitrix%2Findex%2Easp%3F

2.     Log into MyCitrix using the proper logon and password.

a.     *Note: *Contact the Citrix helpdesk for issues related to logons to
MyCitrix

3.     Keeping the same browser window open, copy this link into the address
bar:

http://www.citrix.com/English/ss/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=1858074&productId=683392

4.     To allocate a license for internal use, please use the internal
allocation system (http://webapps.citrite.net/cas-se/casv6.asp).

a.     If for a customer use, please use the proper channels to allocate a
license.

b.    *NOTE: *This link will only work internally or through VPN.

5.     For access to the latest and greatest documents:
http://support.citrix.com/product/provsvr/psv5.1/#tab-doc

a.     *NOTE: *Because the documents are web based, they will be updated and
appended as necessary.

b.    I personally recommend the Installation and Configuration Guide as a
good starting point.

6.     For access to the latest PowerPoint slides and other documents,
please go to:
http://mycitrite.citrite.net/BusinessResources/ProductOfferings/ProvisioningServer/Pages/default.aspx

a.     *Note: *This link will only work internally or through VPN.

*Question and Answer:*

*Q: *Will PVS 5.1 SP1 work with XenDesktop?

*A: *Yes, PVS 5.1 SP1 will work and has been tested with and is only support
on XenDesktop 3.0 at this time.  Watch for future emails on the support of
the next release of XenDesktop!

*Q: *Will PVS 5.1 SP1 work with XenServer?

*A: *Yes, PVS 5.1 SP1 will work with and has been tested with XenServer 5.5.

*Q: *Will PVS 5.1 SP1 work with XenApp?

*A: *Yes, PVS 5.1 SP1 will work with XenApp Platinum (XA 4.x and higher) and
the recent new license model.  We recently made a change that allows more
troubleshooting time in the event of IMA service failure where you have 3
hours to troubleshoot in the event IMA has issue and PVS cannot determine
the edition of the XenApp server being booted.  Solves the 5 minute shutdown
issue!

*Q: *Will PVS 5.1 SP1 provision the VMs leveraged in VM Hosted Applications?

*A: *Yes, PVS 5.1 SP1 provision the VMs leveraged in VM Hosted
Applications.  You must upgrade to PVS 5.1 SP1 in order to support this new
feature, now part of XenApp 5.0 FP2.

* *

*Q: *Will PVS 5.1 SP1 work with XenAppPrep?

*A: *Yes, PVS 5.1 SP1 will work with XenAppPrep.  For information on
XenAppPrep: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX116063

* *

*Q: *Can I upgrade from PVS 5.x to PVS 5.1 SP1?

*A: *Yes, please refer to the *Install.pdf* which is now included with the
install download in the root.  There you will find a whole section on
upgrading!

*Q: *Can I boot a PVS 5.x vDisk file from a PVS 5.1 SP1 server?

*A: * Yes.  When we designed PVS 5.0 the intent was to make upgrading a
little easier.  One thing to note, the benefit of upgrading the VHDs to PVS
5.1 SP1 is so you gain any updates/changes/new features we made to our
client install.  Check out the a new way to upgrade our vDisks on page 93 of
the *Install.pdf*.

* *

*Q: *Where can I get updated PVS 5.1 SP1PowerPoint slide decks?

*A: *Updates will be posted in the next few days and you can get those
updated decks here:
http://mycitrite.citrite.net/BusinessResources/RefMaterial/Presentations/Provisioning%20Server/Forms/AllItems.aspx

*Q: *Where can I find information on licensing and how it works with PVS 5.1
SP1?

*A: *See the attached document and the following technote will be updated
ASAP: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX117378

A special thanks to PVS engineering, Fabian Wright, Russ Tooker and team and
Pedro Acevedo for assisting in getting the download page in order!  Thanks
guys!

Thanks for the continued support and enjoy the new release of Provisioning
Services 5.1 Service Pack 1!

Pete Downing

 ------------------------------

*Pete Downing, CCA, MCSE, MCSA, MCP***

*Principal Product Manager, Provisioning Services & Xen Cloud Project*

*Datacenter & Cloud Division*

*This e-mail message and all documents that accompany it may contain
privileged or confidential information, and are intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to which addressed. Any unauthorized disclosure or
distribution of this e-mail message is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail message in error, please notify me immediately. Thank you.
**
**www.citrix.com* <http://www.citrix.com/>* *
© Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTXS)