[THIN] Fwd: A bit of tech info from DABCC

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, neocug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:08:31 -0800 (PST)

Some great info from Doug Brown over at Dabcc.com that I thought was very
worthwhile of passing along. Check out the links for the Hotfix he reccomends
and the MPS 4 paper.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net

To: jkenzig@
From: "Douglas A. Brown"
Subject: A bit of tech info from DABCC
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:24:32 -0500

Hello All and welcome to my DABCC Newsletter!!!

I hope everything is going well! I just wanted to send you guys a quick email
newsletter tell you about many cool things that are going on with me and in the
Server Based Computing World!!!

First off I want to thank you for all your support and time visiting DABCC.com!
I hope it was well spent and I want you to know even more killer stuff is
coming soon!!!

Next, I want to tell you about my training class!!!!!

If you did not know, I?m teaching a one day class on Citrix MetaFrame Printing
and Tuning. My philosophy is to give you a class that will give you everything
you will need to know to address printing in a Citrix world! Sort of a learn
today and use tomorrow methodology!!!

I?ve been doing it for awhile now and the reviews have been really good, if I
do say so myself? I hope you will attend one of the following events below! I
so look forward to seeing you soon!

SIGN UP TODAY!

Location

Date

Scottsdale

03/09/2005

New York City

03/14/2005

San Francisco

03/23/2005

St. Louis

03/29/2005

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

04/20/2005

Montreal, Canada

04/27/2005

Also,  DABCC (me) offers custom trainigs!  What does this mean?   Well,
simple... I talk with the customer (you) to and we will define an agenda of
what you would like to learn and then I wlll come on site and teach you what I
know, in a nutshell.   This can be about anything related to Citrix
technologies!   Do contact me for more info on this service!!

For more information about this class and or custom training then please visit:
http://www.dabcc.com/training or reply to this email!

Now I want to give you a bit of news with me and also a bit of good support
info? take a peek?.

NEW HOTFIX! MPSE300W2K3R02 - For MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 for Windows
2003 Server ? Check out this hotfix.. It fixes a slew of stuff with MPS3.0 and
it also replaces a slew of already released hotfixes. -
http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry.jspa?entryID=5803&categoryID=277

MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0 ? Getting Started Guide! - I found this link
online?. It is the first official guide to MPS 4.0 online today? take a peak:
http://www.thin-world.com/docs/Getting_Started_PS4.pdf

Killer Presentation on Profiles!!!! -
http://www.dabcc.com/DABCC/WebApplication/Aspx/dabcc.file.download.aspx?intFile=104
 - If you are looking for more information on Terminal Services / Citrix
Profiles then you should check out this presentation. It is an awesome resource
that explains the different types of profile in a very technical fashion. I
highly recommend it!!!

Citrix Access Gateway! Check it out!!! Have you had the chance to take a peek
at the new Citrix Access Gateway? If not, and/or if you want to learn more then
take a peak at this awesome DABCC document on it?
http://www.dabcc.com/DABCC/WebApplication/Aspx/dabcc.content.aspx?intPKText=518&intPKChannel=24

Upcoming Webinar with Steve Kaplan! - Please mark your calendars for Friday
March 25th when I will be doing a webinar on the value add of the Citrix Access
Suite for the enterprise with the one and only Steve Kaplan? Stay tuned to
DABCC.com for more information!!! Also, take a peek at: www.bythebell.com for
more information about Steve Kaplan and his NEW ROI company. Steve is one of
the best and I?m very happy to be working with him on this event and many other
things to come!!!

New Partnerships!!! - I wanted to inform everyone that I?ve just recently
signed a few new partnerships and I?ve very excited to be working with them.

Softricity!!!!! What do I say but Softricity is now a Platinum partner of
DABCC! I?ve always loved what these guys do and I hope you guys take a peek at
SoftGrid as it is truly a great solution for application deployment and much
more!!! I will be working hand in hand with them to get you guys a lot of
killer info in the days to come so stay tuned! I?m very excited!!!
http://www.softricity.com

EG Innovations! The first Silver DABCC partner!!! I?m very excited to also have
EG Innovations on board! The make a really cool product so please check it
out!!!  http://www.eginnovations.com/

Plus don't forget my friends at:  Premitech, MaxSpeed and Lakeside Software!!!
 I hightly recommend each of their products!!!

Upcoming PN Agent Utility - Stay tuned to DABCC.com for a killer new free tool
to help you manager your Citrix Program Neighborhood Agent client. I?m not
going to give you any more info on it but it is almost done? well really it is
but give me a bit more time and it will be posted to DABCC.com for all to
download and love? Written by the awesome Gus Pinto!! I think you guys will
love it!! And more!!!

Upcoming Methodology in a Box 4.0!!!!! - Yep.. I?m working on it and I hope to
have it out in May!!!! What more can I say but check out www.dabcc.com/miab for
more info on MIAB but think BIG when you think about MIAB 4.0!!!!!!

And please don't forget Advanced Print Manager!  - If you are having troubles
with auto-created printers then you must look at Advanced Print Manager 4.0!
www.dabcc.com/apm.   It WILL HELP!  Please  take a look at the previous link to
learn more and for a few customer quotes!!  Not to mention please download and
eval and let me know what you think!!!  Pricing is very good!!!!!!

Well, that is about it...  Hope this helps and do take care all... I so look
forward to working with all you in the future!!!

DB

Douglas A. Brown

President and Chief Technology Officer

Microsoft MVP, Windows Server