[THIN] FW: OT- File/folder protection

  • From: "Chad Pirowski" <cpirowski@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:30:16 -0500

We are trying to find a software-based file system in which to keep our
client files so that employees cannot (mistakenly) delete files.

Windows allows you to deny users the ability to delete, but we've found
that then they cannot create new files within those folders.  Didn't
know if Novell would be a valid option; we are more looking for software
that will allow us to better lock down folders and files so that someone
can't delete contents without either special permissions or some record
made of that operation taking place.  Make sense?  We are just trying to
get people away from using Windows Explorer which, along with the above
problem, also allows them to move a client folder inside another folder
with an errant click-and-drag.  Thanks,

Chad Pirowski

Network Consultant

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
EOL THINssentials? Bring You TRUE Universal Printing Solutions
and Time Zone Support. EOL delivers any print job, any
time zone, to any client, over Any protocol (ICA or RDP)!
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/index.asp