[THIN] FW: New Products from Terminal-Services.net

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:51:10 -0400

FYI,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Cláudio Rodrigues [mailto:Claudio.Rodrigues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 1:05 PM
To: jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New Products

Hey Jim,

If you do not mind forwarding this one to the list I would appreciate!

We just finished our F.Boot Desktop Edition product family and they are
now available for download.

These are very small OSs (Linux based) that you can use to completely
replace the existing operating system on PCs to turn them into Thin
Clients. If you prefer you can have them pre-loaded on Disk on Modules
(flash memory with an IDE connector) and simply disconnect the existing
hard drive and plug the modules in, for a true thin client with no
moving parts at all.

Currently three different versions are available:

F.Boot Desktop Edition: includes RDP/ICA/Local Browser, etc.

http://www.terminal-services.net/downloads/fboot/fboot.zip
<http://www.terminal-services.net/downloads/fboot/fboot.zip>

F.Boot Desktop Edition, Citrix Enhanced: includes RDP/ICA/Local Browser,
but adds single sign-on (supporting the Citrix XML service natively) and
seamless windows support. The administrator simply sets the Citrix
server and XML port and the users, after logging in, will have the
application icons on their desktop and on the start menu automatically,
based on his credentials. When launching any of these applications, the
current username/password will be passed so no further authentication
will be required. This is the first Linux based solution to offer such
features for Citrix environments.

http://www.terminal-services.net/downloads/fboot/fbootica.zip
<http://www.terminal-services.net/downloads/fboot/fbootica.zip>

F.Boot Desktop Edition: includes RDP/ICA/Local Browser, etc plus a
complete Office compatible package. This allows users to use the
built-in Office applications locally while running the main core
applications directly from the Terminal Servers (with Citrix or not).

http://www.terminal-services.net/downloads/fboot/fbootoffice.zip
<http://www.terminal-services.net/downloads/fboot/fbootoffice.zip>

Support for most NICs/Video Cards is built-in. In case your hardware is
not 100% supported download the drivers CD at:

http://www.terminal-services.net/downloads/fboot/drivers.zip
<http://www.terminal-services.net/downloads/fboot/drivers.zip>

Thanks!

Cláudio Rodrigues

Microsoft MVP

Windows Technologies - Terminal Services

http://www.terminal-services.net <http://www.terminal-services.net>