[THIN] FW: Help please!

  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:27:51 -0400

Got an e-mail from Bob Coffman this morning, he is having problems
posting to the list.

Here is his message he asked me to forward on to everyone.

I'm not sure that this is a PowerBuilder problem, or a Citrix problem,
or an
application problem.

From within the application, some users will print successfully:

Document 114,  owned by Jpr01 was printed on STEELNET-jpr01#\\Ps1\Vnd
Lincoln Bldg 1st Flr Xerox MFD 432ST PS via port
Client\STEELNET-jpr01#\\\Ps1\Vnd Lincoln Bldg 1st Flr Xerox MFD 432ST
PS.
Size in bytes: 20513; pages printed: 1

And some won't:

Document 112,  owned by jpr01test was printed on
STEELNET-jpr01test#\\Ps1\Vnd Lincoln Bldg 1st Flr Xerox MFD 432ST PS via
port \\Userserver-brk\alc_share\Apps\SQL\Global\32bit\N.  Size in bytes:
0;
pages printed: 1

When the unsuccessful users print, the file referenced above in the port
(in
this case, "N") is created but nothing prints.  If you copy that file to
an
LPT port, it prints (its a valid print file.)  The directory this is
created
in is the working directory of the application.  In the two examples
above,
the printers were both autocreated printers and both clients signed in
from
the same machine.

Anyone ever see this occur??

Thanks!

- Bob Coffman
bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com