[THIN] FW: Citrix Receiver 14.1 Woes :(

  • From: "Kelsey, John" <jckelsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:14:34 -0400

Now that I think I'm finally resubscribed...I'll try this again. :)

Recently had to move to the Citrix 14.1 Receiver for compatibility with one of
our applications.  Since then, users now have to into the receiver and set the
'Files and USB/Other Devices' to be 'full access'.  They have to do this every
single time they log on to Citrix.  I thought this was the answer:
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133565   but it didn't work.

This worked correctly on v11 of the client.

Other notes.  This is a VDI environment, so the user gets a new machine every
time they logon.  New users appear to work correctly, which seems to indicate
this a setting somewhere in the windows profile.  So how can I force the
session security to be 'full access' for all of the users?

Thanks all!

***************************************
John C. Kelsey
Penn Highlands DuBois
*:  814.375.3073
*  :   814.375.4005
*:   jckelsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jckelsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email are those of the author and do not represent those of Penn Highlands
Healthcare or its affiliates.. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to
make sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or
attachments.