[THIN] Error: Resource Manager failed to compact its local database

  • From: "Dannhorn, Michael" <dannhmch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:34:03 +0200

Hi,

I have another problem:

On our servers I get the event id: 10 Source:Citrix Resource Management
:

Resource Manager failed to compact its local database. If this problem
continues and the local database grows to a large size, the
administrator may have to compact the database manually using Microsoft
Windows' Data Sources (ODBC) tool (found in Control Panel,
Administrative Tools). Error: COMPACT_DB="O:\Program Files\Citrix\Citrix
Resource Manager\LocalDB\\RMLocalDatabase.mdb" "O:\Program
Files\Citrix\Citrix Resource Manager\LocalDB\\RMLocalDatabase.mdb"
General.

This occurs on servers which are upgraded from
 - PS 4.0 to 4.5 and
 - fresh installed PS 4.5 servers

I know that the administrator could compact the DB manually - but why it
this not be done automaticall?

Any ideas ?
Michael