[THIN] Error 52: Duplicate network name

  • From: "Thomas Scheer" <Thomas.Scheer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:10:33 +0200

Hi folks,

I have installed a W2K SP 4 server with Citrix XP.
Next to a DNS Server, I change the HOSTS file for using a alias name just on
two Domain members (both Hosts files were changed).

I can ping the machine, but if I try to "net use" the alias name, I receive:

Error 52: a duplicate name exists in the network

Does anybody know this error.... (because there's no such entry (server alias)
in DNS or Hosts/LMHosts ..

Thomas

This Week's Sponsor:  RES PowerFuse, The Management Framework for Windows
Eliminate Multiple Tools, Multiple Support Channels and Multiple Costs
Manage, Control, and Secure an Entire Windows environment with Ease, including
Real-time Reporting and Documenting Components
Validate a Meaningful ROI on All of your IT Investments with RES PowerFuse.
http://www.respowerfuse.com/