[THIN] Re: Dell Open Management Administrator.

  • From: "Jensen, Jay" <jjensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:03:18 -0600

You are running an older version of Open Manage.  The newer version has a
web component that the early release caused issues with the CMC.  Earlier I
said crashed but that was harsh words.  It made the CMC fail on those
servers with the earlier version of open manage installed on them that
contained the web component.  The newer versions has fixed this problem with
that web component but Dell recommends you install MetaFrame XP before
installing Dell Open Manage.  We too did not have any issues with the Dell
Open Manage release for the 2550's.  We found this problem with the 2650's
and its newer version of Dell Open Manage.  Contact your Dell SE.  It is a
known issue.