[THIN] Re: Deleting Printers in Citrix

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:14:11 -0800 (PST)

Note: you can't delete the driver without first deleting the physical printer
from Print Manager.
You will get an error that the file is in use. There is a utility on
thethin.net called PDmanager which does it all in one step and you can connect
to other systems with it.  http://thin.net/pdmanager.zip

JK

@gmail.com> wrote:
taken form Printingsupport.com

First it needs to be removed from the server.
In the printers folder click on file.
Then choose server properties and select the drivers tab.
Then choose the driver you wish to remove and click on remove.
This will need to be done on all servers in the farm with that driver.
Then open the cmc and highlight printer management and right click.
Choose update printer information.
Right click on printer management and choose refresh printer management.
The printer should then be gone.
If the printer does not get removed from the list high the printer and
the right hand column will show which server it is on in case you
missed removing the driver from a server.

regards

Tom