[THIN] Re: Data Store Move

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 08:14:00 +0100

That would be great

thanks

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Berny Stapleton
Sent: 25 October 2011 19:07
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Data Store Move

sp_change_users_login I think is what you are thinking of Raff.

It's more relevant when you are using SQL authentication.

Ronnie, I'm going to have a go at sanitising a doc which I did on IMA DB
migrations and I'll send it over to you when I'm done.

Berny

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Raffensberger, Stephen D <
sraffens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Okay, I'm old so maybe this is no longer relevant or maybe you included
it inside "Restore to MSSQL Express server"..

I seem to remember real database admins (not me) saying that if you move
a SQL database from one machine to another with a different hostname,
you must do some fancy footwork to make it run there because the old
hostname is buried somewhere within the database and it checks when it
starts up.

Just a thought.

Raff

Steve Raffensberger