[THIN] Re: DOS Applications and Dual Processor

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 17:27:09 +0100 (BST)

Some time ago we tried deploying a DOS (Hospital
Threare Management Novell Product) app via NT4 TSE and
W2K on Duals with major problems.  Turned out after a
lot of digging to the related to CPU affinity.  If you
start the app, then set CPU affinity (using Task
Manager) to a single CPU the app behaved itself !

We tried the same app on a single CPU system (NT4 TSE
& W2K) and it behaved itself without any interruption,
although we could only get the system to run 3 copies
before it maxed out !

Hope that helps

Mark

http://uk.my.yahoo.com