[THIN] Couple of Questions

  • From: <dmarkham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:18:10 -0600

First, we use mandatory profiles in our environment.  I recently had a
request to load Project Pro onto Citrix so that it could be centrally
maintained.  The problem I am having is that the mandatory profiles are
preventing users from entering their Project Server ID so that they can
access their projects.  I was able to turn off mandatory profiles for a
couple of test users and it worked fine, but I have over 200 users that
have been given Project Pro.  I can't see making 223 mandatory profiles
and then new mandatory profiles for each new user.  That defeats the
purpose of our mandatory profile.  I thought I would make a single
mandatory profile with the users, but then security issues arise in
Project.  Any user can see and select any other user as a valid
selection when first coming into project. Has anybody done this
successfully with mandatory profiles?

Second, we have a distant site that uses Citrix as their connection into
the network from their local machines.  They have a T1 that provides
network and phone connectivity.  It periodically goes down and we have
it set to go into a Dial Backup ISDN line.  Once this starts (not very
often but it has happened before) we are continually transitioning
between the main T1 and the ISDN backup while the local carrier works on
the problem.  Because of the frequent transitions between the T1 and the
ISDN the users are continually losing their connections and having to
come back in.  I have the setting for broken connection set to reset and
a disconnect timeout of 1 minute.  If I set this to disconnect, bump up
the disconnect timeout and allow the users to reconnect disconnected
session instead would that help when the broken connection is because
the network connection is gone?  Are there other places in Citrix I can
look for preventing the users from getting bounced?

Thanks,

Butch Markham