[THIN] Connecting to multiple terminal servers

  • From: Spriggs Jon <Jon.Spriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:02:24 +0100

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a cascade of Terminal Servers, where you
connect from the desktop to one of two Windows 2000 Terminal Servers, and
from there to one of four Windows 2000 Terminal Servers. I'd like to make it
so that one of these first Terminal Servers doesn't take *all* the load from
the desktops, and that the end Terminal Servers have a similar arrangement.
Someone suggested that we could use Round Robin DNS, but we don't control
the target Terminal Servers, so can't easily put them into our DNS (hence
the discussion a couple of weeks back, where the suggestion was made that if
I don't know my way around DNS I shouldn't be playing with it)

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything we could use? I'd preforably
like to implement something Open Source, but if there's nothing Open Source
available, then a closed source solution will have to do. Finances, while
not tight are restrictive, so ordered by cost would be of some benefit :)

Many thanks,

Jon Spriggs
--
The presence of a "Fujitsu" address does not imply or assume that Fujitsu
Services, Fujitsu or any other company containing the Fujitsu name uses or