[THIN] Cofiguring Wyse clients

  • From: Minero Hector B DLVA <MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:51:59 -0500

Hi all, we are testing Wyse Thin clients (Windows XP Embedded) and have the
following questions about the configuration:

1) Do most people join the Thin clients to the domain?
Pros and Cons.

2) Do you allow access to the Windows XP desktop and publish apps to it,  or
do you configure them to automatically start PN or an ICA session to a
Desktop?

3) How do you handle Media streaming applications?  I know that PS3 is
suppossed to redirect Media streaming to the local client, but I am not sure
the best way to configure the Wyse TC in order to support this.  I mean, if
I configure the TC to automatically start an ICA session to a server
desktop, would Media Acceleration open the local Media Player?

I am looking for some ideas.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540) 653-8859
Fax: (540) 653-8575

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296