[THIN] Client Mapped Printers

  • From: "Tom Erdely" <te@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:36:44 +0100

We have MF 1.8 SP3 and Windows 2000 SP3 as a terminal server.  We are
using both ICA and RDP with client mapped printers.  Sometimes, with
different users and printers, we have "remapping" of client mapped
printers.  For instance, if I am user1 and have an HP LJ3, I will get
\\client\hplj3 as a client mapped printer.  The problem is, if user2
logs in, sometimes they will get their own printers, but also get my
printer, and it will be default, so when they go into a program such as
Word, and click the print button on a confidential document, it will
accidentally print on someone elses printer.  Since we are an ASP, this
is a big problem with 1 company's stuff printing on another company's
printer.

Any suggestions?  Thank you,

Tom Erdely
Unitron as
Lagervegen 30
4066 Stavanger
=20
E-mail: te@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.unitron.no
Sentralbord: +47 51 81 90 10
Direkte : +47 51 81 90 13
Telefax : +47 51 81 90 20
Mobiltlf.: +47 99 23 36 22
Add users now! - not more servers. If you?re using Citrix,
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=79