[THIN] Citrix to buy NetScaler

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:35:18 -0400

Announced today.  NetScaler makes an appliance integrating load balancing,
caching, compression, SSL acceleration, VPN, and security features.

"Today, Citrix announced an agreement to acquire NetScaler, Inc., a market
leader in high-performance application networking solutions based in San
Jose, California. We expect the transaction to close in mid-Q3. Going
forward we will operate NetScaler as the Application Networking Group."

.

"NetScaler's products accelerate the delivery of all applications by 5x or
more, regardless of protocol, client type or user location. This improves
the access experience for end users and increases data center efficiency. It
is also is great news for our existing customers as NetScaler accelerates
and optimizes any application deployed via Citrix Presentation Server.
NetScaler also opens up the full range of web-based applications to the
Citrix Access Platform, extending Citrix's trademark "best access
experience" across any application and any possible access scenario."

Here's the press release:
http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/news/news.asp?newsID=20951

NetScaler is at http://ww.netscaler.com <http://ww.netscaler.com/>

Timothy Mangan