[THIN] Re: Citrix stopped creating Default Printers

  • From: Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:28:15 -0400

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX112105&searchID=44542697

Tony

"Cwalinski, Zygmunt" <zcwalinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/30/2007 03:13 PM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] Citrix stopped creating Default Printers

It happened to me only once but I would like to know what the reason was.
Windows 2000 SP4, Citrix Presentation Server 4.0, Rollup03
Citrix stopped creating users? default printers and I could see all
previously created printers for users whose sessions weren?t exist. Even
if when I rebooted the server Citrix didn?t create default printers and I
could still see few printer drivers.
In Windows Event Log I could found:
Printer auto-creation failure. Reason: AddPrinter() failed with status
0x70A. Client name: (CSYL-GBROWN) Printer name: (Client/CSYL- CSYL-GBROWN
#/Dell Laser Printer 1710) Port name: (Client\ CSYL-GBROWN #\Dell Laser
Printer 1710) Driver name: (Citrix Universal Printer) Print processor:
(Citrix Print Processor)
I had to take ownership of the printers and delete them. It helped. I was
lucky because there were only few printers to delete but what if I had to
do it for 50?
Do you know what could be the reason?

Thanks, Zygmunt Cwalinski, System Analyst Network Services
905-281-5583