[THIN] Citrix and Excel problem

  • From: "Michael Spranger" <mspranger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:56:41 -0500

Hello everyone,

I've got a strange problem that just started happening.  I've published
Excel and it's been running fine since the day it was published.  Now,
however, in a Citrix session, when Excel is double-clicked to run, it
comes up with a security warning about Macros.  The macro is from
Microsoft and is the Verisign macro that allows for timestamping.  If we
click on disable macro, it only allows us to open files in read-only
format.  If we click on the box "Always trust macros from this source",
do whatever we need to do, close Excel, and then reopen it, it says that
the format is not a recognizable format.

I post this normally, verses OT, because I go to the server on which
Excel is installed and can run the app without getting any errors.
Please help!

Our environment is W2K SP3, MFXP FR2-SP2, on Compaq servers.

Thanks in advance,
Mike