[THIN] Re: Citrix PS 3.0 - Windows 2003 or Windows 2000?

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:41:58 +0100

Look at the differences between the OS rather than MPS itself - for example

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/technologies/
terminalserver.mspx

You'd be looking at increased scalability, manageability along with the
application compatibility modes and profiles

And, with W2k3 you've got the new per user licensing model rather than the
traditional per device; depending on your environment this could result in a
reduced TS license cost.

hth