[THIN] Re: Citrix MetaFrame XP shadowing

  • From: "Dez" <Dez_is@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:10:57 +0000

Hmm, could have sworn it shouldnt allow you to do that, although Ive never
tried it.

..........just had a check in the FR2 Administrators guide, which (on Page 116)
says this.......

"Important Shadowing restrictions are permanent. If you disable shadowing, or
enable shadowing but disable certain shadowing features when you run MetaFrame
Setup, the restrictions cannot be changed at a later time. If you place
restrictions on
shadowing during Setup, any user policies you create to enable user-to-user
shadowing have no effect".

I know it doesnt answer Ken's question, but doesnt this suggest that he
shouldnt be able to change it in the first place? I always understood it that
ANY shadowing restrictions set during setup couldnt be changed to a less
restrictive level.

thanks
Chris
======== At 2003-01-24, 07:26:00 Lutz, Ken wrote: ========

I did install Citrix with Input set to ON and Notify set to ON.  I have changed
it to Input - ON and Notify - OFF.  With this change the user gets no notice,
nor are they asked to allow the shadow session.  I have been able to change the
shadow settings "on the fly" and have those changes go into effect.  I just
haven't found a way to turn Notify Off, yet give the user a warning indicator

Thanks,
Ken ..