[THIN] Re: Citrix HDX Realtime and Video Conferencing

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 11:12:51 +1000

Hi Berny

I've done several of these rollouts with XenApp 6 and had mixed results.
Primarily, WAN specific,  I
have seen best results with a Citrix Branch Repeater at both ends. We used
Skype and Webex in
most tests, with MS conferencing on others. Wyse terminals work well until you
add branch
repeaters, when they stop the web cam from working correctly. Wyse say they are
going to fix this
but I'm still waiting. See the link where we had some direct conversations
about this:

http://community.wyse.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-600.html

From a Windows PC with a Citrix Session, it seams to work nicely, but again
over a WAN it has
some issues without some for of optimizer in the middle - of course this is
dependant on the lag.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au