[THIN] Re: Citrites' Search Launch (HTTP://CITRITES.ORG)

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:28:42 -0500

Sam you rock da house.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Citrix Technology Professional Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 10/30/06, Sam Johnston <samj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Morning all,

I've just finished putting the final touches on Citrites' Search (
http://citrites.org) which supersedes the existing
Citrite.org<http://citrite.org/>(http://citrite.org)
search function, combining Google AJAX
Search<http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/>,
Google Co-op Search <http://google.com/coop/> and Google Enterprise
Search<http://www.google.com/enterprise/>(for those detected as internal users only,
sorry) to give an extremely fast
and flexible tabbed interface. citrites.org (plural) was registered about
a month ago to complement citrite.org with a search service but until now
the existing sitesearch functionality did not provide enough flexibility
(the old form at http://citrite.org/search/ is clunky at best).

Citrites' Search currently searches the following information:

   - *Citrix Sites:* Content from scores of Citrix <http://citrix.com/>related
sites, including
   citrix.com and citrite.org.
   - *Support:* The official Citrix Knowledge Center site:
   support.citrix.com
   - *Forums:* Various forums including the official forums at
   support.citrix.com/forums.
   - *Citrites:* Blogs of Citrix employees and alumni (Citrites'
Blogs<http://citrite.org/blogs/>).

   - *Citrix.com <http://citrix.com/>:* All citrix.com content via
   Google
   - *Blog:* All blogs via Google's Blog Search<http://blogsearch.google.com/>
   - *News:* All news via Google News <http://news.google.com/> search.

   - *Web:* The entire web via traditional Google <http://google.com/>.

   - *Video:* All video content via Google
Video<http://video.google.com/>search.

Rather than reinvent the wheel I've plugged Jim's excellent co-op search (
http://www.f1u.com/) into the left panel in place of my own and have a
number of other custom coop searches driving the various tabs (the
cooperative nature of this product is really quite powerful). I also have
refinements set up to isolate documentation, etc. but unfortunately these
are not exposed through the AJAX interface as yet.

If you're running Mozilla Firefox 2 or Internet Explorer 7 (as you should
be) you can integrate Citrites' Search seamlessly into the browser by
clicking on the link (an OpenSearch Description) at
http://citrites.org/opensearch/

I'll be promoting this internally too (primarily for use by Citrix
Technical Support) and the more people using and contributing (even if just
via feedback) the better it will be. I'm convinced that decent search is
going to change the way we work internally and there's no reason it
shouldn't help customers and partners too,

Kind regards,

Sam

--
Sam Johnston (http://citrite.org/blogs/samj/)