[THIN] Re: Cisco Web VPN and Citrix

  • From: "Schneider, Chad M" <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:56:29 -0500

That is an issue....with web vpn, you really can't telnet.  It comes to a
screen, which makes a "vpn" connection to a web page.  We can et to the WI
page, our intranet page, even browse the network with this thing....but it
does not seem to want to run the apps.

They have been trying to use port redirects, client port to server port
(1494).  Part of the trouble seems to be that ICA uses any port from 1023 to
5000, so we can't narrow down and force client port to server port 1494.

We use our full VPN for remote Citrix connection, typically, I use it
nightly, works like a charm.

This is the brainchild of a group who wants remote warehouses to be able to
run a couple of our apps.

From: Schneider, Chad M <cmschneider@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:51:56 -0500
Subject: [THIN] Cisco Web VPN and Citrix
To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Has anyone tried this together yet?

I have a request to make this work, rather than implement CSG.

I know very little about the Web VPN, and am getting protocol Driver errors
when clicking on the apps. From WI.
This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running
on unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application
performance problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding
on-demand enterprise! http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register
the below link: