[THIN] Can't launch ICA file

  • From: "George Wasgatt" <gwasgatt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:15:21 -0500

On two out of 18 identically configured Citrix servers (Windows 2003 SP1,
Metaframe PS4 SP4 FR4. Rollup 1) in the farm all of a sudden we have ICA
launching problems.  The scenario is that users are connecting to these
servers either in-house through Citrix Program Neighborhood or over the
Internet through CSG.  They log in just fine and see their published
applications.  Their other applications run as normal.  Published
application Internet Explorer 6 SP1 is misbehaving on two servers.
(WFICA.OCX version 9.0.32649.0)

Using IE they navigate to an external web site that runs CSG.  They log in
just fine to that site and try to launch a published application.  Instead
of the application launching they get a dialog box asking them to either
save the ICA file or to cancel (ICA file Cannot Be Downloaded).  We have
reinstalled the ICA Client on these two servers to no avail.  We can
re-create the problem by launching IE at the console as administrator.  We
have tried the following:

- Reinstalling the ICA client (9.1)

- Running as administrator

- Making sure IE is NOT set to  "Do Not Save Encrypted Files to Disk".

- Cookies are not blocked (no proxy server)

- Clearing all Temp Internet Files

- Checked the clock time and date

- deleting npican.dll

- Deleted
HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Plugins\Extension\.ic

- Deleted HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing

Short of whacking the server do you have any ideas of what to try next?