[THIN] Cannot open Unsecured sites in Internet Explorer

  • From: "Rusty Yates" <ryates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:21:02 -0500

Can anyone tell me if they have run across or if they know the solution
to this issue:

When a new user logs onto one our Citrix Servers they can open
everything fine except for Internet Explorer.  Internet Explorer will
open but the user cannot open a Unsecured Site.  Secure sites work fine.
We are using a proxy and secure sites do not go through the proxy.
There is a work around which is taking a user that does work and copy it
into the default profile.  Then when a new user logs on for the first
time they will be able to get into a regular website.  But I would like
to know whey this is happening and is there a way to fix this issue.
We are running Windows 2003 Server Std w/ Citrix 3.0.

Also, we ran into the same issue 6 months back w/ Windows 2000 Server w/
Citrix XP and fixed it by copying a working profile into the default
profile.  But we knew that we would soon be upgrading to 2003 server so
we didn't take much time into trying to figure it out.

Thanks for the help!