[THIN] CSG help -- SSL errors...

  • From: <DMelczer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:55:45 -0500

I'm hoping someone can give me guidance here on things to check that I
haven't already looked at.  Intermittently, our users continue to get a
message stating "The SSL gateway you are attempting to connect to is not
accepting connections" when they try to get in through our web
interface.  This does not happen all of the time, and if the users
simply waits a few minutes and tries again (without even logging in
again), everything works fine.  The problem is that sometimes the users
will get this error message 2, 3, 4, or more times before a successful
login.

Our environment:

CSG 1.2 web server in DMZ
CSG 1.2 SSL gateway server in DMZ
CSG 1.2 ticket authority on an internal network
3 Citrix Windows 2003 SP1 PS4.0 servers on our internal network.

I have checked all of the firewalling and nothing has changed...I have
tried rebooting the web server and SSL gateway servers and no effect.  I
have tried going through the configuration wizard again (thinking it may
be a corrupted config) without any effect.

Does anyone have any idea what in tarnation is going on here?  We used
to run this same web/SSL configuration with our old Windows 2000 MF XP
farm and never had an issue.  Now this has become a thorn in my side...

About the only thing I haven't done is upgrade the web server and SSL
gateway because we're a 24x7 shop and getting down time is
extraordinarily difficult...

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Dave Melczer
dmelczer@xxxxxxxx

Please be advised that this transmittal may be a confidential attorney-client
communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or re-transmit this
communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us by e-mail (postmaster@xxxxxxxx) or by telephone (call us collect at
212-403-4357) and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you in advance
for your cooperation and assistance. www.wlrk.com