[THIN] Re: CSG and keepalives

  • From: "Chris White" <Chris.White@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:56:38 +0100

I don't want to use session reliability because that will keep the application
open on the users PC if the network connection is broken for any reason. The
end users will be traders using trading systems with figures constantly being
updated on the screen while they trade. If the system lost connectivity and
they thought it was still working, they could be loosing a lot of money.

What we want is to use the keep alives to know when the network connection is
broken, then if it is, the user cannot see the application but is still open on
the server for 15 minutes. Then if before the 15 minute period happens they can
connect back in, they can then finish their trades. This is the way the traders
want this particular application to behave.

We have another system for traders using CPS4 that will disconnect and reset
the session once 60 seconds is elapsed. This works fine. But this is not the
case for the scenario outlined above.

Thanks,
Chris