[THIN] Re: CSC/WI help

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:42:48 +1000

Isnt the delay simply ASP running itself up?

After the very first inital login / load after a reboot do things return to
normal??

For subsequent user logins (after the initial login), those should be much
quicker (in our setup its near instant) but ONLY after the initial login. .

If it only happens on the first user login after a reboot id say there isnt
anything to stress about... :-)

Subject: [THIN] CSC/WI help
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 01:13:35 -0400
From: benwayj@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are running version 3.0.1 CSC and WI 4.2.4.7648
against a PS 4.5 farm

I rebooted the CSC/WI tonight and added more RAM (now it has 3GB, its a vm on a
new ESX box)

the CSC/WI is on our internal network.

After the reboot, there is a 30 sec delay after the user enters
username/password and clicks logon until the published apps are listed. The
Browser goes blank during this time.

Plus there seems to be another delay after the user clicks on a published app
before it launches, that one is about 20 seconds.

this is all happening in has I'm testing after the reboot in the middle of the
night so no one is really using any of the servers.

Not sure where to start looking, and there's too many cooks in the kitchen to
know what changed.

Jason Benway

Need a new place to rent, share or buy? Let ninemsn property search for you.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Edomain%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Fs%5Fcid%3DFDMedia%3ANineMSN%5FHotmail%5FTagline&_t=774152450&_r=Domain_tagline&_m=EXT